Sometimes a few days can pass by, one day blending into the next. Nothing special, nothing to recall. And then sometimes, something magic will happen. If you’re lucky, you’ll notice it. If you’re smart, you’ll capture it as a reminder that beauty is always just around the corner.
This was what was waiting for me when I got home from work today. The petals fell off of the trees while I was gone, and the asphalt in front our apartment was so evenly covered. It looked like a blanket of confetti, or a polka dotted parking lot. I was so happy to have been there in that moment.
Speaking of magic… do you remember when blogs were new, and we were all so closely intertwined through blog posts and link lists? Tammy from Daisy Yellow is on a mission to revive link love! She has proposed that we commit to sharing at least five links four times in April. There is so much beauty and magic out there, so let’s share it!
- Bad Jones Rising: I am loving Roni’s colorful blog, and in particular her gesso works. I am a big fan of sketchbook videos, and her Gesso Phase video is one of the best I’ve seen in ages.
- Illustrated Journey Interviews: Danny Gregory has a new book called An Illustrated Journey, and he has been posting interviews with the contributors to the book on his blog. I have loved all of his illustrated journal books, and have been really enjoying these interviews.
- Lennon & Maisy: Are you watching Nashville? I ♥ these sisters’ voices. And I LOVE this video of Lennon & Maisy and Kid President, I Would Still Love You. Adorable!
- über embroiderers: Awesome blog series at The Smallest Forest.
- The pursuit of happiness: How part-time dream-chasing works: A good reminder that you shouldn’t sit around waiting for perfect circumstances to start chasing dreams. Start small, start now.
- Pattern Design For Printed Products: Creating Digital Repeat Patterns From Hand-Drawn Illustrations: I’ve just discovered Skillshare classes, and I’m fascinated by the concept. So many interesting classes listed. I just signed up for a class that focuses on turning hand drawn illustrations into patterns in Photoshop. I’m looking forward to learning some new skills.
Head over to Daisy Yellow if you’d like to join in the link love! I’d also love to hear about unexpected magic you’ve found this week in the comments!