I’m now exactly six months into my 33rd year, and I’m revisiting my list of 33 Things I Want To Do in Year 33. My last update was in December, and I need to make revisiting the list a monthly commitment because there hasn’t been much forward movement with the list in the last four months. I am proud of the things that I have completed so far, and in particular I’m happy with the progress I’ve made in rebuilding strength in my ankle and walking the 5K. I’m looking forward to a productive April!
02. Walk a 5K – I finished the Shamrock Stride 5K in Portland on March 17. I’m considering training for a 5K run in September. (blog post)
05. Take an Indian or Japanese cooking class – I finished a one night class on March 4. East Indian Cooking: Curry, Herbs and Spices. The food was so fresh and healthy tasting. I came home with lots of spices, but haven’t attempted anything on my own. I should do that soon…
06. Take a printmaking class – I finished Printmaking I at PCC in the winter quarter. I loved it so much that I signed up for Printmaking II, and that starts this Saturday. (Projects: one, two, three, four)
16. Join or create a sketchbook or artists meetup group – I went to a crafting meetup group at the end of March, and I’m RSVPed to another meetup in April. I’d still like to find a sketchbook specific meetup group.
18. Finish two art journals – I have filled in about 80% of my small Moleskine sketchbook, and have started a second Moleskine sketchbook. I have also filled up three small sketchbooks with daily patterns since the beginning of the year.
21. Save $X – Still working on this one steadily, and making good progress.
31. Cook 20 new recipes – 1/20 completed. I made up a soup using random vegetables. The main components were potatoes, bell pepper and onions. I’m feeling really uninspired and in a cooking rut. I need to pick out a few recipes to try this month.
Next steps to be completed in April
01. Walk over seven Portland bridges – I’m going to pick one of the bridges to walk over on a nice day.
07. Back up all of my digital photos – This was on my December list, and I made no progress. I’d like to finish this in April. I’d be very sad if something happened to my computer right now.
10. Unpack all boxes from our move in January – This is so sad. We still have some boxes with books and paperwork, 15 months after our move. I really need to buy a new bookcase this month.
15. Go to Astoria or Bend for a long weekend with boyfriend – I’d like to do this, or plan it in April. Our schedules are full with work and my Saturday class, and his theater schedule, so it’s hard to find a weekend.
17. Start classes at PSU – I still haven’t filled out the application, and need to do that this month.
03. Take a mud bath in New Zealand
04. Try indoor rock climbing
08. Submit artwork to Art-o-mat
09. Make a quilt
11. Learn how to use Wacom tablet
12. Go camping with my sister
13. Make french onion soup
14. [Private goal]
19. Buy a zoo membership, and sketch the animals
20. Sell a piece of artwork
22. Take a soapmaking class
23. Make a collaborative sketchbook with another artist
24. Try yoga
25. [Private goal]
26. Make a new girl friend in Portland
27. Open an Etsy shop
28. Go on a short trip somewhere in the U.S. by myself (or to visit a friend)
29. Build a portfolio website
30. Buy a bike and ride somewhere with my sister
32. See Crater Lake
33. Go to OMSI After Dark