Sketchbook Doodles: Glue it Tuesday

Posted on Apr 9, 2013 in Sketchbook | 11 Comments

DaringHue-com_GlueItTuesday_2013-04-09

Hello! I’m popping in today to share some of my doodles for Aimee’s Glue it Tuesday. Check out her blog to see her colorful work, and links to others participating in Glue it Tuesday. I’m not feeling particularly inspired this week. I think it has to do with the gray skies and rain returning after a lovely week with warm spring weather. Sometimes when I’m feeling the artistic blahs, I will do something really simple to try to get back in the flow. I’m not there yet, but I will keep trying! Thanks to all who came over to visit from Artsyville!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

11 Comments

1. aimee
    April 9, 2013

even when you have the blahs you create lovely patterns! happy dots :)

• Tricia
      April 9, 2013

Thank you, so sweet of you to say! Dots are my go-to happy pattern.

2. Lynn Fisher
    April 9, 2013

Same here…what happened to our sun…and kind of spring-like weather? We are even due to get more snow…blah, blah, blah….
    Lynn

• Tricia
      April 10, 2013

Oh my, I feel bad complaining about my rain if you’re getting snow!

3. Natasha
    April 9, 2013

Have you glued these onto the page after doodling and cutting them up? It looks really effective. Not blah like at all!!

I like paint on my hands when I have the blahs, even if I create nothing worth anything, seeing paint on my hands makes me happy and I feel like I have done something at least. :)

I live very close to Wellington, and touch wood will soon be working in Wellington. Such a small world we live in, and how amazing is the internet for connecting all of us??

• Tricia
      April 10, 2013

Thanks! Yes, I did the doodles and then cut them up to glue them down. It was fun doing it this way. My normal instinct would have been to cut, glue, and then doodle.

I’m the same way with swatches of acrylic paint. Even if I’m not making an image of anything, it makes me feel good to put paint down on paper.

Crossing my fingers for your job in Wellington. The internet is amazing. I probably never would have even gone to NZ if not for meeting a friend who lived there. Maybe we can meet up for tea or something when I get there, and can share sketchbooks.

• Natasha
        April 12, 2013

Meeting up in real life and sharing sketchbooks sounds most fabulous!! :)

4. Marit
    April 10, 2013

I like the repetitive pattern with different colors/sizes… great excersice to get the mojo back and it looks great too! happy glue it tuesday – on wednesday ;) and a hug from Holland

5. storybeader
    April 10, 2013

wow – that’s a lot of circles. I’m sure you can use them, to glue down somewhere in your journal! {:-Deb

6. Gabriele
    April 10, 2013

This is fun, to me it looks like clips from animal photos

7. Gabriele
    April 10, 2013

sorry had a typing error – it is artatag.wordpress.com (not workpress – silly me)